M2 – Production Planning and Scheduling
"Think Simple, Think Logic"
What does an Assistant Director do before a production in a short film?
The left right hand man of the film Director — The Assistant Director versus The Script Supervisor/Continuity Supervisor
- A solid Assistant Director SHOULD KNOW how to:
- 1. Breakdown a Script
- 2. Create a MASTER PLAN AND SCHEDULE of film shooting
- 3. Manoeuvre manpower and resources to smoothen a production
The different roles of Assistant Directors
- 1. What does the First Assistant Director do?
- a. Breakdown the script?
- b. Master Schedule?
- c. Conducting Meeting?
- d. Casting arrangement?
- e. More than the above
- 2. 2nd Assistant Director and/or 2nd 2nd Assistant Director for a large scale production.
Case Study and Practical training on how:
- 1. Assistant Director Coordinate the crews to ensure what the script requires.
- 2. Assistant Director Coordinate and arrange meeting for the director to meet respective head of departments for the Production Scheduling
- 3. Assistant Director to ensure the Call Sheet is realistic and trustable.
On the set:
The course covers:
How does an Assistant Director ensure:
- 1. Location is ready for shoot before the crew reports on set;
- 2. That the shooting conditions satisfy all creative requirements and ready for shoot at any time.
- 3. Work closely with the Continuity Supervisor on sets and/or before the shoot.
- 4. To always get ready the next scene to shoot before the current scene ends.
Module is best for:
Line Producer, Production Manager, Assistant Director, Continuity Supervisor, Art Director, Videographer, Casting, Location Manager
Up to 70% funding
Nett Fee :
Absentee Allowance :
40Hrs X $4.50 (Capped) = $180
(Above 40, Mid-Career)
Nett Fee :
(Below 40, Regular)
Nett Fee :
*Courses are subsidized by Skillsfuture Singapore.
*Enjoy 50-70% funding of course fees.
*Company sponsored are entitled for Absentee Payroll.
*Individual of 40 years old and above will enjoy the same funding and Skillsfuture credit could be used too.
*Freelancers who owe a Declared SME company are advised to sign up under Company sponsored category.
*Beginners may consider signing the entire package of the above 9 modules.
News from our Trainees who have taken the M2 Course
Production Planning and Scheduling
During the course on production conducted by Mr Clifford Ng,…
With the current pandemic situation, we have to change the way we…